Instructional Equipment Checkout Guidelines
- We only provide equipment checkout to instructors teaching class(es) during the time he/she is checking out the equipment
- The equipment should only be used for academic use
- The equipment should stay on UC Berkeley main campus and/or designated campus premises
- For the safety of users and/or the welfare of equipment, usage restrictions may apply
Note: Currently we do not provide any equipment delivery. If you require delievery assistance, please contact Berkeley AV for a quote.
If you do not fall under our qualification practices, Berkeley AV may be able to assist you.
Submitting an online reservation is the easiest way to let us know what you need and when you need it
- Faculty and Instructors can request a semester or one time loan of any of the following technology by submitting a Classroom Equipment Request
- Graduate Student Instructors (GSI) will need to be verified with course instructor on record.
- DeCal Student Instructors will need a Faculty Sponsor to submit the request
- Assistive Technology equipment is available for use by instructors, faculty, GSIs and departments free of charg
- All Equipment reservation request will required a Course Control Number (CCN).
Non course related reservation are not accepted at this time. For other alternatives please check out the bottom of this page.
Once our team has reviewed your request, we will contact you for questions or confirm via email.
- Base on the availability
- 2 business days to confirm equipment availability
- Walk-in requests are accepted but limited to availability
Picking up your Reserved Item
- Equipment will be ready for pick up on the date listed in your confirmation email
- Please allow a few minutes for our team to review the content of your request and provide equipment usage training if needed
- Our Help Pages also provide additional information on equipment usage and set-up
- Any equipment not picked up by the end of next business day will be canceled without notice
Returning your Checked-Out Items
- Equipment should be returned by the agreed return date
- Please make sure all parts of the equipment are returned to avoid extra trip
Tips to Make Check-Out and Check-In Easier
- Include setup and breakdown time in your reservation request so we can plan the reservation to include those time for you
- Submitting the request with your @berkeley email address will make the verification process a lot faster
- If you are designating a student or a GSI to pick up the equipment, please provide their name to us ahead of time
- Check out our Equipment Usage Knowledge Base to learn how to best operate and handle the equipment
- Please let us know as soon as possible if you are experiencing problem with the equipment; we may be able to provide an exact or comparable replacement
- For returning small equipment via our mail drop, it’s always a good idea to attach a post-in with your name on it
Student groups may use installed AV equipment in general assignment classrooms free of charge. However we do not provide portable equipment rental to student groups.
To reserve a technology equipped classroom for an event please contact the Office of the Registrar.
Off-campus equipment rental alternatives
- East Bay Media Center in Berkeley, 510-843-3699
- Oakland Audio Visual Service, Inc. in San Leandro, 800-600-OAVS
- Avista Audiovisual Equipment Rentals Bay Area, 888-462-8478
- Swanson Sound in Oakland, 800-540-4944