Instructional Computer Facilities offer Berkeley instructors as well as campus and local groups “computer classrooms” which can be scheduled for a semester or as needed for computer/software related instruction.
The Instructional Computer Facilities provide an easy location for groups who need a space with up-to-date computers and software to lead instruction or group collaboration. Our Instructional Facilities are great for instructors and departments looking for a computer-classroom for short-term or semester long use. We also work to accommodate off-campus groups who can benefit from accessible computers and a space to facilitate learning.
These facilities are a perfect space for:
A class that requires the use of specific software to complete work
Departmental training programs
Campus Associated groups with a need for a computing space
Who can reserve a computer facility?
UC Berkeley Academic courses
- Must have a Course Control Number
- DeCals included
UC Berkeley staff training
Attendees must be UC Berkeley Staff or Faculty
Departmental sponsor events
- Must be directly supervised on-site by a University employee acting within the course and scope of employment.
- Definition: http://riskservices.berkeley.edu/events-activities/department(link is external)
Individuals and outside organization events
- all other events
How do you reserve a computer facility?
After reading the above policy that applies to your group, you must complete the following to schedule a reservation:
- Read our reservation Rates and Policies.
- Select your preferred computer facility location based on available days and times (see below).
- Reserve a classroom using our Reservation Request Form.
- Provide to us any specialized software that you have requested to use on media with installation instructions and proof of licensing at least three weeks before the first reservation.
- Test login, software, and settings one week before the first reservation.