Instructors and GSIs Get Started with Gradescope
Berkeley has a site license for access to Gradescope. All features and functionality are freely available to instructors.
To get started:
- Create instructor account at gradescope.com (CAS/CalNet Sign-on coming soon) using @berkeley.edu email
- Personal "@berkeley.edu" email addresses are recommended over department email accounts (eg: "email@example.com")
- Create Gradescope course
- Create Gradescope assignment(s)
- To use bCourses integration:
- Link Gradescope course to bCourses roster (see "Adding students and staff via Canvas..")
- Create bCourses assignment to add item to grade book
- We recommend setting this as a "No Submission" assignment, as students will submit via Gradescope.
- Link Gradescope assignment to bCourses assignment
- When you have finished grading in Gradescope, you can sync your scores into the bCourses grade book.
- Add Gradescope link to course navigation in bCourses setting
- Refer to this support article or video for additional detail