The computer consultant staff is here to help any current Cal student, faculty member, campus staff, postdoc researcher, or visiting scholar troubleshoot problems with:
- Campus DHCP Service
- Laptop Wireless Printing Set-up
- Adobe CS 6 Installation Help
- Basic Microsoft Office Installation Help
- Campus VPN/Proxy Server Set-up/Troubleshooting
Where to contact usWe are located inside the MMF computer facility on the 1st Floor of Moffitt Library. The SCCS desk is behind the staff desk on the "Gold Side".
Drop-In and phone hours are generally **Monday - Friday, 1pm-5pm.**
Request consultation services
Make an appointmentThe SCCS offers appointment times, during which a consultant will be scheduled to help you fix your problem. Please refer to the services above to see whether your problem falls within our scope. If not, you may contact the appropriate department or outside vendors below. Request an appointment.
NOTE: What we do not doAlthough the consulting staff would like to solve all your computer related problems, the scope of our work only involves solving internet connection and email problems. We do not handle problems involving:
- Cleaning viruses, although we will offer you an antivirus and antimalware programs and basic assistance in starting a virus/malware scan.
- Help with Residence Life (dorm) connections. (For more assistance, please contact Residential Computing Consultants.)